Saturday, March 3, 2012

Falling off the Bandwagon.

BIG, FAT, BUMMER. The chocolate won. I made it through 2 days of my 21-day cleanse and the chocolate craving was so intense last night that the "one" tiny piece of chocolate turned into a handful of chocolate animal crackers (soooo tasty!) and before I knew it I had devoured several handfuls of those delicious little creatures that I had to wash it down with a big ol' glass of red wine, poured by dear hubby. Don't you hate it when that happens? He's my enabler! I'm disappointed in myself because I was doing so great. But man, this thing is tough. I got to thinking last night, and maybe I'm just not cut out for restrictive "diets" like I thought. Maybe I should work slowly at improving the small things in my diet, like cutting out sweets and adding more fruits/veggies, since we all know that diets don't work and the whole stinkin' point of this thing is to improve my overall lifestyle. But, hey, I'm human. I'm hoping that by sharing my struggles with others maybe some of you will be encouraged to get back up, brush yourself off, and start again. (Whoa, I'm having Aaliyah flashbacks!) The key is getting back up and not letting one small mistake lead to two or three, then soon you're back to your old unhealthy habits. So today, this moment, I'm starting over. Thanks to Aaliyah for the motivation. ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment