Monday, February 27, 2012

3 Day Fruit Flush Part 3: Day 2 Review!

It's Monday. I'm so glad I started this thing on a Sunday. Next time I would recommend starting over a weekend so you only have to endure one day of torture  in the real world. :) Really though, it's not that bad. I woke up this morning and wasn't even hungry. I did feel slightly bloated but I think that's because I definitely did not drink all the recommended water yesterday in between my shakes. I was supposed to have 8 oz of water one hour after each shake, and as much as I wanted the rest of the day. But I didn't drink that much. Oops. 


I'm trying to keep this as interesting as possible for those of you who are following me, so this doesn't become a boring public food journal. But I figure if you're thinking about trying the Fruit Flush Detox, then it helps to see what someone else ate to give you a better idea of whether this might be something you want to try. 


Day 2 consists of one serving (about 100 calories worth) of fruit every 2 hours. Yesssss. I'm soooo happy to chew something today after yesterday's shake fiesta! Then dinner is the same as Day 1, a raw veggie salad with 3-6 oz of protein plus lemon/olive oil. The lemon+olive oil mixture is actually really good with some cracked pepper, kinda fresh tasting. Mmmm. I may just continue to use this in place of salad dressing in the future. 


Honestly, the hardest part so far is packing all my fruit for work since I work out of my car, plus I wouldn't call myself the most organized person on the planet. I don't have an office to go to where I can use the fridge, and there are certain fruits I can't STAND eating unless they're cold. Thank goodness I already tote an ice chest around for work, so I just crammed some fruit in there to keep it crisp. Shhhh, don't tell. 


Day 2 Diary
7:30 am: 1/2 cup (ish) fresh raspberries. I didn't even mind that I was making toast for hub and little guy. And trust me when I say this, my name is Stacy, and I'm a carboholic. Seriously. This was a big step for me. So proud! 


9:30 am: My lunch with a customer called to cancel and I must say I'm actually kinda glad. I'm not sure if I have the willpower to sit through lunch watching everyone else eat fried rice or enchiladas, or whatever other deliciousness I wouldn't be able have. It might make me want to jab their eyes out with chopsticks. So I devoured my 5 large strawberries in the privacy of my car. Yum.


11:30: Banana or apple, banana or apple? Oh my, the decisions are killing me. I went with the banana. Easier to eat on the road. Actually, they're both pretty easy. Note to self to pack more bananas and apples daily. 


1:30: 1 medium apple. This is when it started getting hard. I was reallllllly craving a cookie, or a pastry, or hell, even some peanut butter on my damn apple. I headed to sbux to get coffee for an office I was visiting, and opted for a hot herbal mint tea (decaf and no sweetener). Not sure if that's allowed, but I wanted it. 


4:00 pm: 1 small blood orange. By now, the massive sweets craving has passed. Funny, you would think that with all the fruit I'm eating I wouldn't want JUNK sugar. But I guess that's what eating too much toxic food for too long will do to you. 


6:30 pm: Same spinach salad as last night (red bells, carrots, cucumber, olive oil+lemon, cracked pepper), topped with one black bean burger. (BTW, I had never tried these frozen black bean burgers by Morningstar. Sooooo good.) I actually had a second one since I was kinda hungry and the rules called for a protein shake after dinner if needed. With 12 grams of protein each, I'm sure these qualify. ;) And after a quick calculation, my calorie intake for today was probably around 1000, even with the 2 black bean burgers. Pretty low. 


2/3 of the way there!

No comments:

Post a Comment